We live in the city of sunshine, and there’s lots of it. The cooler weather makes for perfect family outings with the kiddies. Here’s a super list of what you can do with the brood – outdoors of course mamas, before the summer sizzle:
1. Global Village: It’s only here until April, so let’s make the most of this open-air haven of cultures, play and good food.
2. City Walk: The outdoor cafés are perfect for those mum coffee mornings à la Paris, and kids can roam around, get some balloons and even ride some wheeled furry friends.
3. La Mer: Everyone’s favourite beachfront destination is home to some of Dubai’s top dining spots. Plus, a trampoline park and plenty of play areas for little ones.
4. Kite Beach: Don’t let the name fool you, you can do so much more than flying kites at this beach. From water sports to Salt burgers by the sea, it’s a full-on family spot.
5. The Beach, JBR: Another beach that had to make it onto our list, The Beach has a Splash Pad for some well-deserved water play and family restaurants including The Cheesecake Factory, Eggspectation and more.
6. Al Seef: Showcasing the beauty of old and modern Dubai all at once, this magical development boasts incredible Creek views, amazing dining options, kids’ activities and plenty of spaces for them to play among its “like old times” setup.
7. The Dubai Fountain: It’s the world’s biggest choreographed fountain, and it’s beyond mesmerising. Watch as it dances to the rhythm of some of the world’s most popular hits.
8. Dubai Miracle Garden: This garden is full of flowers, in all shapes, forms and colours. What’s more, they’re carved into structures of Disney characters, animals and more.
9. Dubai Garden Glow: This marvellous destination shines into the starry Dubai sky with a glow-in-the-dark garden, in addition to Dinosaur, Art and Ice Parks.
10. Zabeel Park: One of the largest parks in Dubai, this tranquil spot is ideal for a picnic and famous for its large exhibits, many of which are suitable for families.
11. Al Barsha Pond Park: Soak up the outdoors at this park, which sits around a man-made pond, and let the kids enjoy the bouncy castles.
12. Dubai Parks and Resorts: Made up of Bollywood, Motiongate, LEGOLAND and LEGOLAND Water Park, every theme park at this destination has its own personality – and you can do anything from meeting The Smurfs to sliding down some splash-tasticrides.
13. Dubai Festival City Promenade: The land of kiddie pop-ups, you’ll also get to watch the very cool IMAGINE show, created using light projections, water and more.
14. Aquaventure water park: Located at the ever-bustling Atlantis The Palm, this is one water park you must visit for some real cool water play.
15. Wavehouse: We’re still in Atlantis, but this time we’re talking about their family hub, which houses an arcade, surf machine, bowling alley and more – and a good part of it is outdoors.
16. Wild Wadi water park: There are 30 rides and attractions in total to enjoy at this small, but fun-filled park.
17. Fairmont The Palm: This hotel is a must if you’re seeking fun in the sun because it’s one of the most family-friendly ones in the city with a kids’ club, massive brunches and more.
18. Laguna Water Park: Half a dozen standalone rides, flumes and slides, a lazy river, an infinity pool and the region’s first 180-degree surf park – need we say more?
19. Aventura Parks: Set amid Mushrif Park’s natural Ghaf tree forest, this adventure playground offers around 80 activities, including rope walks, log balancing, ladders and zip lines.
20. Habtoor Grand Resort: The hotel’s outdoor cinema plays family-friendly movies and there’s a pop-up serving up some kiddie-loved snacks too.
Ready to go? We’re as excited as the kids are.