Halloween is a season full of spook-tacular creativity, and what better way to celebrate than by incorporating some unexpected fun into your festivities? One fantastic way to do just that is by utilising Halloween cookie cutters in unique and unconventional ways. While they are traditionally used for crafting eerie-shaped cookies, there's a lot more you can achieve with these handy tools.
Halloween Play Dough
- Roll out your playdough into a flat sheet using a rolling pin. Ensure it's thick enough to create sturdy shapes when cut out.
- Press your Halloween cookie cutters into the rolled-out playdough to create spooky shapes. You can use various Halloween-themed cutters like ghosts, bats, pumpkins, and more.
- Remove the extra play dough around it.
- Let your imagination run wild by decorating the playdough shapes with different colors and accessories. You can use googly eyes, pipe cleaners, or small beads to add detail, if needed.
- Roll out your cookie dough on a floured surface using a rolling pin. Make sure it's of even thickness.
- Use your Halloween cookie cutters to cut out spooky shapes from the rolled-out dough. Re-roll any leftover dough to maximize your cutouts.
- Remove the extra dough.
- Place the cutout cookies on baking sheets and bake according to your cookie recipe's instructions. Once they're golden brown, allow them to cool before decorating with icing and edible markers.
- Assemble your sandwich on a board.
- Spread your preferred fillings and cover it with a second slice of bread.
- Use Halloween cookie cutters to cut out spooky shapes from the prepared sandwich. Push down firmly to ensure clean edges.
- Serve your Halloween-shaped sandwiches at your spooky season gathering. You can also use the cutout pieces for snacks or croutons.
- Heat your griddle or pan.
- Place the Halloween cookie cutter on the pan. Note: make sure to remove the top part of the cookie cutter.
- Pour the pancake batter inside the Halloween cookie cutters.
- Once the pancake has cooked enough, carefully remove the cookie cutter.
- Flip the pancake to cook the other side.
- Let it cook on both sides well.
- Plate your Halloween-shaped pancakes and serve them with syrup.
- Add Chocolate chips to add as eyes.
- Your Halloween Pancakes are ready to be served.
Halloween-themed Fruit Shapes:
For a healthier Halloween snack, use cookie cutters to create spooky fruit shapes: